So, we’re done hibernating now, right? Well, it’s time to pack your picnic basket and blanket to mix and mingle with the squad at Socrates Park!
Events in the Park:
• Free Kayaking & Canoeing (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM), sign up is first come, first serve
*Tide and weather permitting
• Free Yoga (9:30 – 10:30 AM & 11 AM – 12 PM)
• Free LIC Bike Parade (11:00 AM – 5:00 PM) will start in the park and finish at Queensbridge Park
You see where we’re going with this? Free! Well, except for your food. That’s on you.
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes if you’ll be participating in any of the activities. Especially Kayaking!
Things to Bring: (BYOE – Bring Your Own Everything Buffet)
• Blanket (to sit on)
• Lunch/snacks/drink (non-alc – public park)
• Positive attitude
• Your appreciation for Mother Nature
Local Transportation: Take the N to the Broadway stop, walk 8 blocks west on Broadway (toward the East River) to the intersection of Vernon Boulevard
Get your life! Look forward to seeing you, don’t miss it! We’re all about that quality time 😉
Note: We have a strict 4 No-Shows without word and your out of the community policy, so update your RSVP @ least 3 hours before if plans change so we can better accommodate folks (Don’t Say I Ain’t told you).
MEETING LOCATION ON MAP BELOW (Around the middle of the park, not a huge park you’ll see the black folks 😉
Socrates Sculpture Park
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox