Hey Fam let’s go skiing!! A lot of people have expressed a desire to learn and get more time on the slopes so I’m stoked about this trip and I better see you on the mountain. Bring your friends too!
Windham mountain is one of my favorites, great for beginners, intermediates and pros. It’s only ~2 hours from NY, has nice lush snow and also offers good food, a ski shop etc.
Windham Mountain, in New York’s beautiful Catskill Mountains offers the most skiing and riding you’ll find within 200 miles of NYC. Skiers and riders can find 285 skiable acres and 54 trails over two peaks, 6 terrain parks and 12 lifts. Trail Map Link
Purchase Tickets Here: BpLoveOutdoors Feb 21st Windham Tickets
RSVP is not confirmed until payment is received. Best pay early!
Ski/ Snowboard Packages:
1. Bus & All Mtn Lift ($99.00)
2. Bus, All Mtn Lift, & Rental ($134.00)
3. Bus, All Mtn Lift, (Rental & Lesson) ($169.00)
4. Bus,Beginner area (lower mountain lifts), Lesson & Rental Package ($129.00)
**Recommended for newbies! Option to upgrade (#4) to All Mountain Lift Ticket after 1 pm for $23** (Payable at mountain)
5. Bus & Equipt Rental ($94.00)
6. Bus Only ($49.00)
7. Not listed. If you want to drive yourself which I personally don’t recommend because you miss the bonding time, sleep/rest and laughs… you’ll need to get your ticket from the mountain.
Trip Details: Please arrive 30 minutes early for bus.
Mountain departure time: 4:30PM
Transportation: Coach bus (Relax & be comfortable there & back)
Amenities: Music, bathroom, movies & some drinks.
Pickup Location and times:
1. (6:30 AM) Downtown Brooklyn/Barclay vicinity
Atlantic Ave. & 3rd Avenue
514 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn New, York 11217 (map)
* In front of Rent Ride Return store *
2. (6:45 AM) Union Square – Manhattan
14th Street & 3rd Avenue
129 3rd Avenue, New York, New York 10003 (map)
* In front of Duane Reade *
3. (7:00 AM) Upper West Side – Manhattan
Amsterdam Ave. and 72 St.
2086 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 (map)
* In front of The Vitamin Shoppe *
1. When you board the bus come to the back! More than likely we will all be on the same bus. The bus is not a charter but we will try to keep our group to the back of the bus.
2. This trip is at cost to everyone so I’m not acting as a babysitter…Just putting it out there, God knows I don tried. (Read the info, do a little bit of research, and come with a positive attitude).
3. While we don’t anticipate any issues, note that you are participating in this activity at your own risk and liability.
Common Questions/ Complaints
1. I’ll be cold – No you’ll more than likely be sweating after you start moving.
2. I can’t do it – There’s 3 years olds & Grannies on the mountain. Signup for a lesson!
3. Black Ppl don’t ski – Well maybe you should stay home then.
4. I have work Monday – The bus returns very early to NY, You’ll have too much time on your hands!
5. I don’t know anyone, don’t wanna come alone or I’ll get kidnapped – Really?! A. No one want’s to kidnap your ass B. Most ppl come alone..that’s the point. This group is about breaking outside your comfort zone & being great 🙂
Come Through Fam!! Let’s Live a little
Possible Dinner or Drinks if we’re up to it later.
1. Start working on your squats/ Legs.
2. Wear Proper ski pants. And a proper jacket (Marshalls, Models, REI)
3. Purchase Ski goggles ~$20 @ a Sports store (More $ @ the mountain).
4. Wear Thermals under your ski pants and coat.
5. Wear proper weatherproof gloves!!
6. A long hat or face mask is recommended.
7. Thick Socks
8. I will have some hand and leg warmers for sale on the bus. ($3 for the set/$1.50ea)
9. Bring Snacks banana etc – food is a bit pricey at the mountain.
www.facebook.com/BpLoveOutdoors (Chat with the group on fb)
Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours before your trip departure time in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made up to 48 hours before your trip departure time will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made within 48 hours or your trip departure time will receive no refund. No refunds will be issued for missed buses. See nycsnowbus/ terms for more info.
Windham Ski Resort
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox