- All Categories
- Skiing/ Snowboarding/ Snow-tubing
- Travel/ Transportation
- Conduct/ Payment / General Policies
- Whitewater Rafting
- Overnight (Camping or out-of-town Retreats) ⛺
- Packing List
This is the perfect reason for you to go to one of the BOA events! Come meet your new extended family and enjoy the shared adventures!
If you haven’t gone skiing in a while (longer than a season), we recommend starting out at a beginner level and working your way up to higher levels when you feel comfortable.
Yes, we will have an opportunity to take a break for lunch on the river bank.
1. Treat fellow Group members with respect in the same way you would like to be treated.
2. Member's will not engage in physical, verbal or sexual harassment of other group members.
3. Ain't nobody here to babysit your ass, so please plan & act accordingly.
4. Should it arise…You will endeavor to pay your part of the tab when we go out as a group. No dead beats por favor
5. We sometimes take photos for our meetup. Your participation in an event serves as an agreement to use said photo in Black Outdoor Adventurers Promotional materials. You may opt out of taking photos by not being in them.
6. Also Black Outdoor Adventurers is here to promote the outdoors, fun and non-traditional activities among people of color. We aim to curate quality, fun events, create opportunities for real friendships and community.
a. Please try to keep to schedules for time sensitive events. We won't be held responsible for missed buses etcetera.
b. Read event details thoroughly, then feel free to comment or email questions.
c. We reserve the right to remove any members, volunteers or sponsors who violate our codes of conduct or who's behavior we deem detrimental to the group's mission.
7. To report an incident please send a message and we will respond as quickly as possible (we will treat your message confidentially and with urgency).
8. Lastly I/we do this because love, passion, quality, friendships and cool folks are important to us, so let's not eff that up for each other.
9. Keep your hands and feet to yourself 🙂
Remember the best way to get the most out of the group is to be open and put in as much as you want to take away!
We currently have pick-up locations in --
Brooklyn: Atlantic Terminal area
Manhattan: Midtown area
Specific location details will be provided in your confirmation e-mails.
Please note that not All,events will pick-up at both locations, so review specific event information and confirmation emails.
Ski pants & jacket (Marshalls, Models, Amazon, REI)
Purchase Ski goggles ~$20 @ a Sports store (More $$ @ the mountain).
Dress in layers/ Wear Thermals under your ski pants and coat (This way you can adjust as needed).
Wear proper weather/ waterproof gloves & Thick socks.
A long hat or face mask is recommended
Hand &/or leg warmers
Money for storage lockers (roughly $6)
Anything-Other-than-Winter Activities (Your Mileage May Vary)
Clothing you don't mind getting some paint on: cargo/ thick pants & shirt +
Gloves (for extra padding)
A change of clothes (no paint in the bus!)
Comfortable, athletic clothing
Hiking boots or sturdy trail shoes with light wool socks
Fleece or warm layers (for chilly evenings)
A hat and sunglasses
Day pack for hiking
Refillable water bottles
Phone charger and portable batteries
Money to purchase extra items (snacks)
Camping (Hiking gear + the below):
Cozy clothes and shoes for sleeping and relaxing at camp
Swimming suit/clothes (if kayaking/canoeing)
Sleeping bag (20 degrees or lower recommended)
Tent (if camping)
Sleeping pad (if camping)
Headlamp or flashlight
Personal items, toiletries etc.