- This event has passed.
Ski / Snowboard / Tubing Experience (Windham Mountain) – Bus full
February 2 @ 5:45 am - 7:00 pm
✊?✊? Greetings!! We’re Doing it again…Windham Mountain time.
Ready to shred into the New Year with BOA? Issa Ski/ Boarding & Tubing Adventure?! ??⛷???
“Could have, Should have, Would have” BS is not how we do. Come thru..Previous trips have been amazing!
Let’s go to the Mountain ??? !! We’re so Stoked to offer this trip. Bring your people too!
Windham mountain is one of my favorites, great for beginners, intermediates and pros. It’s only ~2 hours from NY, has nice lush snow and also offers good food, a ski shop etc.
Windham Mountain (http://www.windhammountain.com/), in New York’s beautiful Catskill Mountains offers the most skiing and riding you’ll find within 200 miles of NYC. Skiers and riders can find 285 skiable acres and 54 trails over two peaks, 6 terrain parks and 12 lifts.
Trail Map – https://shor.by/Trails
*Pmt Due: Noon 1/19 (Unpaid spots open to wait-list on this date)
?Ski/ Snowboard Packages: (exp = experienced; int = Intermediate)
◼1. Bus ?+ Beginner Package (includes lower mountain lifts ?, Lesson? & all Rentals⛷) – $150.00
****Recommended for newbies or if it’s been a while!! Option to upgrade this to an All Mountain Lift Ticket after 1 pm for ~$30** (Upgrades @ mountain)
◼2. Bus ?+ Lift ?(All Mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) – $126.00
◼3. Bus ?+ Lift ?(All mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) + Rentals ⛷- $166.00
◼4. Bus ?+ Lift ?(All mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) + Rentals ⛷+ Lesson? – $197.00
◼4. Bus ?+ Tubing ? 2hrs- $75; 4hrs- $80 (3 bus spots; Tubing no transport = 2hrs- $20 or 4hrs-$25).
◼6. Bus Only ? $60 (RT)
***Got Questions? Comment below! If you need something not listed send me a private DM.
Payment Method: (Note seats can go quickly so they’re not held until pd)
Venmo ( https://venmo.com/Bploa ) or Quickpay/ Zelle to BpLoveOutdoors@Gmail.com (Quickpay/ Zelle Tips – https://www.meetup.com/BPLOA_/messages/boards/thread/50622784 ); (No longer accepting Paypal)
◼Pickup; Light Bfast of Fresh Bagels?, Butter + OJ)
◼Arrival ~9:00 AM
◼Tubers take resort Shuttle takes to tubing park across the street
◼Mountain departure time: 4:15 PM
*Transportation??: (Be @ bus stop 20 mins early)
? Pickup Location: (Private Spacious & Comfy White 12 Seater mini-bus)
1. (6:00 AM) Downtown Brooklyn/Atlantic Terminal
Hanson Pl. & St Felix St.
17 Hanson Pl, Brooklyn New, York 11217
(map ? (https://goo.gl/maps/eYXhVZY2P3F2))
* Front of Hansons Gourmet Deli *
2. (6:40 AM) Midtown/ Times Sq area- Manhattan
W 43rd Street & 9th Avenue
593 9th Ave, New York, NY 10036
(map ? (https://goo.gl/maps/4zyFzPZjupu))
* Front of Starbucks *
Common Questions/ Complaints:❓
1. I’ll be cold – No you’ll more than likely be sweating after you start moving.
2. I can’t do it – There’s kiddies & Grannies on the mountain. Signup for a lesson!
3. Black Ppl don’t ski – Well maybe you should stay home then.
5. I don’t know anyone, don’t wanna come alone or I’ll get kidnapped – Really?! (A) No one want’s to kidnap your ass (B) Most ppl come alone..that’s the point. Our group is about breaking outside your comfort zone & being great 🙂
Come Through Fam!! Let’s Live a little
?Note (IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS):?
What to Wear:??
1. A couple of squats and some leg work, not required but can’t hurt?
2. Wear Proper ski pants & jacket (Marshalls, Models, Amazon, REI)
3. Purchase Ski goggles ~$20 @ a Sports store (More $$ @ the mountain).
4. Dress in layers/ Wear Thermals under your ski pants and coat (This way you can adjust as needed).
5. Wear proper weather/ waterproof gloves & Thick socks.
6. A long hat or face mask is recommended.
7. Lockers are available for rent @ the mountain (~$6)
8. If you like, grab hand &/or leg warmers (Also avail @ Mountain ~$2).
9. Bring nutritious snacks, banana etc – food is a bit pricey ? at the mountain.
What to Bring: ? ?
◼ Your LUNCH & petty cash (Food is a bit pricey)
? Instagram @BlackOutdoorAdventurers
FINE PRINT – ⚖CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW policy. Note 4 No-shows means we part ways & cancellations need to be 3 hours b/4 event or it’s a No-show.
⚖BOA Assumption of Risk/ Liability Waiver & Code of conduct policies. Note, you are participating in this activity at your own risk and liability (http://www.meetup.com/Black-People-Who-Love-Outdoors-and-Adventure/messages/boards/thread/49991173). Don’t know how to act in public? Here’s that policy…RESPEK folks, don’t “HIT ON” everyone, or make ppl feel uncomfortable. HANDS always to yourself! etc. ??(http://www.meetup.com/Black-People-Who-Love-Outdoors-and-Adventure/messages/boards/thread/49413461)
Refund Policy: ?
◼ Full refund minus $20 processing fee if you cancel 7 days in advance.
* 50% refund if you cancel 6 days in advance. * No refunds for cancellations, no shows or missed buses after that. * If the event is cancelled it’s 100% refunded.
- February 2
5:45 am - 7:00 pm