- This event has passed.
Interest Posting! Int-Advanced Swim Lessons – St Barts.
July 29, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
So you think you can swim huh? Well Time to fine tune those skills with a great group of BPLOA intermediate-advanced swimmers including myself.
Our Swim Challenges are a big Success so lets “Kick it up a notch!” hehe
THIS IS AN INTEREST POSTING FOR AN INT-ADVANCED SKILL LEVEL GROUP – RSVP SO I KNOW PLS. (Regular amazing beginner & intermediate, lessons are posted at this link)
BPLOA has partnered with a local Swim school to bring you quality and for real affordable swim lessons.
The beautifully Architectural – St. Bart’s Church
325 Park Ave, New York, NY 10022
Park Ave, Between E 50th and 51st St.
The Sad Truth: At a family BBQ In 2010, 6 Teens from 2 separate families drowned to death in Louisiana’s Red river. There were numerous people standing just feet away, not a single one could swim. The family’s comment “None of us could swim, they were yelling, ‘Help me, help me. Somebody please help me.’ It was nothing I could do but watch them drown, one by one.”
That same summer in NYC 7 people drowned to death 4 Adults, 3 children, all of minority descent and all too young.
• 70 Percent of African American Kids & Teens can’t swim. (CDC 12′)
• If a parent can’t swim, there is only a 13% chance that a child in the household will swim.
• Men are 4 times more likely to drown than women.
• The biggest reason black people give for not learning was hydrophobia “A fear of drowning”. I’ll let the irrationality of that one sink in.
Be the change, be the example. Let’s burn the Black people don’t swim banner!
Argue with the facts all you want it doesn’t change them! “I personally hate being a statistic and don’t give 2 shits why people including myself can’t do something. Just do it I tell myself everything else will fall into place” How about we end the cycle #NotaStatistic #BlackPeopleSwim
BPLOA is partnering with Physique Swimming School again to provide us lessons at at amazing deal. Here’s the scoop!
• Deets: 4 Package of sessions @ $26 per (1 hr) lesson = $104
• Limited to 6 ppl (intermediate/ Advanced class only)
• Pay to: BpLoveOutdoors@Gmail.com via Venmo, Chase QuikPay or Paypal **(Paypal directions – Select Friends & Family –>Payfrom bank baln to avoid fee) (No cc or debit allowed w/ paypal else fee). super easy!
• Dates: 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 8/19 (4 Lessons =1 Session)
• Sign up now limited spots! Payment. Pls pay @ time of RSVP, I will open any unpaid spots to the wait-list.
• Great private instructors, Nice & Heated 84 deg pool, changing rooms, close to trains.
Come Summer we have a Surfing Challenge; Kayaking; White water rafting; Swimming/ Beaching, etc. So Get your life!
Spot not confirmed until payment is received.
**Note: As an amazing courtesy to our BPLOA you will have the chance to make up missed classes by joining another of Physique’s adult swimming classes. (Max 2. Please do not abuse this!)
Soooo……Let’s get wet 😉
*Super Important* Don’t act a fool! See our Liability & code of conduct policies. Don’t know how to act in public? That policy is linked…basically RESPEK folks, don’t hit on everybody or make ppl feel uncomfortable. HANDS always to yourself etc. 🙂
Recap NYC swim lesson prices: 1. JCC $296 members (~9 Classes), $376 Non-members
2. Nyc Pools Membership cost $75 for 6 months/ $150/ yr. Learn to swim is a lottery System currently session already started and usually involves lines & a wait-list (We tried last yr).
3. Flushing Meadows Pool Qns – Lottery wait list is 6-8 months long.
4. Vanderbilt YMCA Manh- $140 members (1X/wk for 8 wks), $230 Non-members (1X/wk for 8 wks) Or $235 members (2X/wk for 8 wks), $405 Non-members (2X/wk for 8 wks). Other YMCS’s may have different pricing but this gives you an idea.
5. 92St Y Manh- Lessons ~$315