- This event has passed.
Ski / Snowboard / Tubing Experience (HUNTER MOUNTAIN)
January 19 @ 5:45 am - 7:00 pm
Happy 2019 Family! Are you ready to shred into the New Year with BOA? How bout a Ski/ Boarding &Tubing Adventure?! 😁😎⛷🏂👊🏾
“Could have, Should have, Would have” BS is not how we do. Come thru..Previous trips have been amazing!
ABOUT HUNTER: As the Great Northern Catskills’ premier winter destination, Hunter Mountain (http://www.huntermtn.com/) maintains renowned terrain, award-winning learning facilities and luxury mountainside accommodations. With high-efficiency snow-making on 100% of its trails, an entire dedicated learning area perfect for beginners and families alike, the expert terrain of Hunter West and Empire Terrain park, Hunter has something for everyone. ***Plus brand new this 2019, Hunter North is officially open & includes the Northern Express high speed 6-person chairlift and new sections of the mountain constructed to treat our customers to a fast 3 ½ minute ride from bottom to top & allowing you to get plenty of laps in on the new terrain.
Trail Map Link (http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/hunter-mountain/trailmap.html)
Let’s go to the Mountain 👉🏾🗻 !! We’re so Stoked to offer this trip.
*Pmt Due: Noon 1/13 (Unpaid spots open to wait-list on this date)
💲Ski/ Snowboard Packages: (exp = experienced; int = Intermediate)
◼1. Bus 🚍+ Beginner Package (includes lower mountain lifts 🚡, Lesson🏂 & all Rentals⛷) – $149.00
****Recommended for newbies or if it’s been a while!! Option to upgrade this to an All Mountain Lift Ticket after 1 pm for ~$30** (Upgrades @ mountain)
◼2. Bus 🚍+ Lift 🚠(All Mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) – $136.00
◼3. Bus 🚍+ Lift 🚠(All mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) + Rentals ⛷- $176.00
◼4. Bus 🚍+ Lift 🚠(All mountain – exp/ int skiers/boarders) + Rentals ⛷+ Lesson🏂 – $205.00
◼4. Bus 🚍+ Tubing 🍩 2hrs -$80 (3 bus spots Only; Tubing no transport =$25)
◼6. Bus Only 🚍 $60 (RT)
***Got Questions? Comment below! If you need something not listed send me a private DM.
Payment Method: (Note seats can go quickly so they’re not held until pd)
Venmo ( https://venmo.com/Bploa ) or Quickpay/ Zelle to BpLoveOutdoors@Gmail.com (Quickpay/ Zelle Tips – https://www.meetup.com/BPLOA_/messages/boards/thread/50622784 ); (No longer accepting Paypal)
◼Pickup; Light Bfast of Fresh Bagels🥐, Butter + OJ)
◼Arrival ~9:00 AM
◼Mountain departure time: 4:15 PM
*Transportation👇🏾: (Be @ bus stop 20 mins early)
🚍 Pickup Location: (Private Spacious & Comfy White 12 Seater mini-bus)
1. (6:00 AM) Downtown Brooklyn/Atlantic Terminal
Hanson Pl. & St Felix St.
17 Hanson Pl, Brooklyn New, York 11217
(map 🗺 (https://goo.gl/maps/eYXhVZY2P3F2))
* Front of Hansons Gourmet Deli *
2. (6:40 AM) Midtown/ Times Sq area- Manhattan
W 43rd Street & 9th Avenue
593 9th Ave, New York, NY 10036
(map 🗺 (https://goo.gl/maps/4zyFzPZjupu))
* Front of Starbucks *
Common Questions/ Complaints:❓
1. I’ll be cold – No you’ll more than likely be sweating after you start moving.
2. I can’t do it – There’s kiddies & Grannies on the mountain. Signup for a lesson!
3. Black Ppl don’t ski – Well maybe you should stay home then.
5. I don’t know anyone, don’t wanna come alone or I’ll get kidnapped – Really?! (A) No one want’s to kidnap your ass (B) Most ppl come alone..that’s the point. Our group is about breaking outside your comfort zone & being great 🙂
Come Through Fam!! Let’s Live a little
📢Note (IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS):📢
What to Wear:👕👟
1. A couple of squats and some leg work, not required but can’t hurt😉
2. Wear Proper ski pants & jacket (Marshalls, Models, Amazon, REI)
3. Purchase Ski goggles ~$20 @ a Sports store (More $$ @ the mountain).
4. Dress in layers/ Wear Thermals under your ski pants and coat (This way you can adjust as needed).
5. Wear proper weatherproof gloves & Thick socks.
6. A long hat or face mask is recommended.
7. Lockers are available for rent @ the mountain (~$6)
8. If you like, grab hand &/or leg warmers (Also avail @ Mountain ~$2ea).
9. Bring Snacks, banana etc – food is a bit pricey 💸 at the mountain.
What to Bring: 🎒 🥪
◼ Your LUNCH & petty cash (Food is a bit pricey)
🔷 Instagram @BlackOutdoorAdventurers
FINE PRINT – ⚖CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW policy. Note 4 No-shows means we part ways & cancellations need to be 3 hours b/4 event or it’s a No-show.
⚖BOA Assumption of Risk/ Liability Waiver & Code of conduct policies. Note, you are participating in this activity at your own risk and liability (http://www.meetup.com/Black-People-Who-Love-Outdoors-and-Adventure/messages/boards/thread/49991173). Don’t know how to act in public? Here’s that policy…RESPEK folks, don’t “HIT ON” everyone, or make ppl feel uncomfortable. HANDS always to yourself! etc. 👇🏾(http://www.meetup.com/Black-People-Who-Love-Outdoors-and-Adventure/messages/boards/thread/49413461)
Refund Policy: 🔁
◼ Full refund minus $20 processing fee if you cancel 6 days in advance.
* 50% refund if you cancel 5 days in advance. * No refunds for cancellations, no shows or missed buses after that. * If the event is cancelled it’s 100% refunded.
- January 19
5:45 am - 7:00 pm
- Hunter Mountain
64 Klein Ave off of Highway 23A
New York, NY US + Google Map
- Black Outdoors Adventurers NY